[clue-tech] gmail question

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri May 5 16:14:48 MDT 2006

Jeff Cann wrote:
> When I post to this list, sending from my gmail account, I never seem
> to get the list email.

Looks like a feature:

http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=10314

Seems odd to ask a gmail question on a Linux list.  (Yeah, I know--some
on this list are smarter than anyone else you can ask, and some of us
are pretty good front-ends for Google. And those reasons probably
account for most of our OT posts.) ;-)

It's interesting that gmail probably has enough users and enough
innovative employees to have an impact on how people think mail should
work.  I wonder whether Thunderbird has gotten any "doesn't work like
gmail" bugs?  When Outlook starts to get them the writing will be on the
wall.

Good thing Google "isn't evil".

http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20060221&mode=classic