[clue-tech] Debian musings [was installfest]

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sun May 14 15:55:19 MDT 2006

Collins Richey wrote:

> One other question: is Etch the same as Testing? I see both in various
> discussions, and I'm never sure whether the two terms are the same.

Yes, the "code names" stay the same, and the "stable", "testing", and
"unstable" pointers are moved at a release.

http://www.debian.org/releases/

So if you have "testing" in your apt/sources.list file and there's a
release, you move up to the new "testing".  If you have "etch" in your
file, when "etch" becomes "stable" you stay on it.

Nate