[clue-tech] Need help getting quotas to work

Hex Star hexstar at gmail.com
Wed May 17 22:42:08 MDT 2006

Hi, I have a server running Suse 10, stock kernel 2.6.13-15-smp and cPanel
version 10.8.2-RELEASE 83 , I can't seem to get quotas to work. I've tried
enabling quotas in whm and doing /scripts/fixquotas but it always returns
this error: Old group file(s) not found, won't subtract usage and once the
script is run, my accounts disk usages are updated but don't update anymore
after the script is run like they should be. I've tried quotaon /dev/hda3
(which is my / HD)...but I get this error: quotaon: using //quota.user on
/dev/hda3 [/]: Invalid argument quotaon: Maybe create new quota files with
quotacheck(8) ...I've been abe to run quotacheck /dev/hda3 -m without error
but when running quotaon afterwords I still get the same error. Anyone have
any ideas on what to do next to try and get quotas working? Thanks! :-)