[clue-tech] Any seamonkey users?

bof bof at pcisys.net
Sat May 20 19:35:16 MDT 2006

Greg Knaddison wrote:
> On 5/20/06, Keith Christian <keithchristian at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I know that Composer isn't dead but wonder if there is a standalone
>> version
>> that will integrate with Firefox and Thunderbird as nicely as it is
>> in the
>> Mozilla all-in-one suite.
>
> You've seen nVu http://www.nvu.com/download.php ?
>
> I don't think it integrates very nicely and it feels a little rough
> compared to the high polish on Firefox and Thunderbird, but Daniel has
> done some fine work in keeping it going.

You could also look at Amaya and Quanta as standalone html editors.

I've used nvu and don't like it because it does not retain the
formatting that I want --- it insists on changing code and whitespacing
to what it thinks is best. But this was also the problem with composer,
upon which nvu is based.

BOF