[clue-tech] Qwest DSL download speed reduced

Matt Thompson thompsma at jilau1.colorado.edu
Thu May 25 19:52:57 MDT 2006

The heavens stretched forth and Jed S. Baer decreed the following on or
about 5/25/2006 7:37 PM:
> On Thu, 25 May 2006 17:38:52 -0600
> bof wrote:
>
>> I've been paying Qwest for their 1.5 Mb service
>
> Really? I just ordered Qwest "Internet Basic" DSL, and they told me 7Mb
> for $39.99/mo (promo deal for 1 year).
>
> So ... how does one tell what the actual speed is?

You actually have "Premier" (which is 3-5 Mbps) and our OP has the
"Basic" or "Regular" which is around 1 down.  The price difference is
$10/mo, I think.

For speed testing, I always use DSL Reports, which is the main speed
test on the net, I think:

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

As I am, apparently, a zillion miles from a CO, I am on the lowest end
of the Premier tier.

Matt
--
Learning just means you were wrong and they were right. - Aram
    Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/