[clue-tech] Compiling drivers in SuSE 8.2

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 17:28:27 MST 2006

On 11/7/06, Joe Wojcik <joe.wojcik at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am still trying to compile madwifi for my Atheros wireless pcmcia card. My
> computer is too small for SuSE 10.0 or 10.1.

Just a thought. xubuntu (uses XFCE desktop stuff) was designed for
slow/tiny memory machines. You might want to consider that. I'm not a
wireless user, but I believe there is a lot of madwifi info on the
Ubuntu forums.

> I have unzipped and unpacked
> the trarball and when I try "make" I get a message ...

Does your package have a ./confgure step that you have omitted?

Do you need a /usr/src/linux symlink pointing to the correct kernel srouce tree?

 >  Can I expect some help at the Installfest?

If you come to installfest, we will try our best to help you.

--
Collins Richey