[clue-tech] KillerNIC

William wwcluetech1 at kimballstuff.com
Fri Nov 17 12:49:37 MST 2006

erik wrote:
> The reason I'm bringing it up to the list, is this "The NPU operates at
> 400MHz, and in conjunction with the 64MB of on-board DDR memory, is
> capable of running a streamlined version of Linux."

It's even better than you found (in the Linux respect)!  It seems to
already have Linux on it, and it's software provides access to the Linux
command-prompt, including providing user access to writing and
installing original Linux-based software.

Check:
http://swg.warcry.com/scripts/news/view_news.phtml?site=13&id=65213

For:
"This NPU is a 400 Mhz Network Processing Unit: Runs a highly optimized
version of embedded Linux. 64MB DDR memory works in conjunction with the
NPU to support the network offload functionality as well as the Flexible
Network Architecture. Flexible Network Architecture (FNA) exposes the
underlying Linux Operating System running on the Killer to the user. The
KillerNIC ships with the ability for a user to get to the Linux command
prompt. FNA allows users to write Applications themselves or download
them from KillerNIC.com that will runner on the cards NPU."

believed to be clean.