[clue-tech] spam-jacked

Keith Hellman khellman at mcprogramming.com
Tue Nov 21 17:53:32 MST 2006

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 04:04:37PM -0700, David L. Willson wrote:
> Does anyone have an idea what to do when a spammer uses a valid email
> address, that you're responsible for, as the return address on their
> spam?  My users (and I) are getting flooded with NDRs and rejection
> messages from anti-spam systems that think we're sending things we're
> not sending.  Any ideas?

I've had the same issue as well.  I used to procmail these into
/dev/null (the procmail rc file was auto-generated from a list of known,
valid addresses at the domain).  My newest ISP provides the same feature
on their end, so I don't see these messages anymore.

--
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
khellman at mcprogramming.com                from disclaimer import standard

If they want really buzzword-compliant "redundancy" they could add
another exchange server as part of a "cluster" of "Windows 2003"
servers with "active directory" so that when things break they
break spectacularly.