[clue-tech] spam-jacked

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Tue Nov 21 20:59:08 MST 2006

When my domain started getting joe-jobbed (technically not a REAL joe-job,
since my site sucks and there's no monetary or blackmail value in bugging
people like that) the other thing I could do was button up and try to
weather the storm. I took off the catchall, which probably ticked off the
company who hosts me since their server became host to all sorts of fun
bounces, and, for the people who inevitably reponded to the spam or got
pissed at me 'for spamming them', came up with a fairly professional
sounding explanation of what was going on, how I'm not responsible, and
finally, why people should never, ever, never, ever, ever, EVER respond to
spam.  EVER.

Adam