[clue-tech] How can I determine which PCI wireless card...

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Nov 27 10:30:08 MST 2006

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:41:33 -0700
L Robert Trotta wrote:

> ...is fedora-core-6-compatible without fiddling with the kernel?  It
> would be helpful if the same vendor offered a router for the PC which
> can act as access point (a Windows XP with an ADSL connection).

/usr/share/doc/{version-specific-kernel-name/Documentation/networking

You'll find quite a bit of info there, although some of it will be
chip-specific, as opposed to device-specific (since some mfrs will change
their chipset even within a model name/number). Finding out which chipset
is used on which cards is important. Might be some of those docs will list
known cards using a particular chipset.

http://www.linuxcompatible.org/compatibility.html -- found that on a
google search for 'Fedora Supported Hardware'

See also http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HCL (same google search)

--
http://freedomsight.net/