[clue-tech] "Best" replacement for iTunes?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Sun Oct 15 11:23:01 MDT 2006

In my ongoing quest to never boot Windows on my new laptop, I'm looking for
a decent iTunes replacement. I only use iTunes for two things:

1. Sync my ipod
2. As a podcatcher

I don't use it for anything else, especially playing media, because iTunes
is really an atrocious application - on Windows anyway. And I can't even
upgrade it to the latest one as the installer dies.

Switching to a new setup for this is a pretty big commitment and I want to
pick the best one without a lot of experimentation. The reason for this is:

1. Syncing apps will need everything set up the same way as the original
syncing machine or stuff missing in local repository will be removed from
ipod.
2. Moving over all the RSS feeds for podcasts will be pretty intensive.
3. There is always the chance the syncing app will just corrupt the ipod,
and I get to start from scratch. I found that even having the ipod attached
to my windows machine during a boot will hose it up. I think that's because
of chkdsk.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
Ladies may have a fit upstairs.