[clue-tech] Troubleshooting sound card

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Sun Oct 15 11:26:50 MDT 2006

On 09-26 09:23, Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> So I got a laptop, and put Ubuntu on it, with dual boot to XP. Most things
> I've tried so far are working - I have nvidia set up now, XGL, hibernate,
> and wireless all working without much trouble.
>
> However...the sound is way too low. I can turn it up much higher in Windows.

Someone did create a patch, and I was able to follow instructions linked
from this discussion and it now has a respectable volume:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=473668&page=3

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
Sometimes it seems like there are too many roads... and you are not sure that
you will ever find the right one. But that's only because we all make our own
story... and exploring is how each new adventure is begun.