[clue-tech] flashplayer9 Beta

Michael Fierro biffster at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 09:28:31 MDT 2006

On 10/21/06, Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/21/06, Michael Fierro <biffster at gmail.com> wrote:

> > at things. All of a sudden, the Flashblock extension for Firefox isn't
> > a critical extension in Linux anymore.
>
> I'm not familiar with that extension, nor with the ?need? for its use.
> Care to explain?

Happy Saturday! :)  Flashblock is a very cool extension. It replaces
all Flash elements with a framed button. You can click the button to
run the Flash element (whatever it may be), so you don't miss out on
anything. But Flash only runs when you tell it to, which made surfing
with Firefox much more pleasant in Linux (avoiding having Firefox jump
up to 99% CPU utilization because a web author felt the buttons on
their website should be animated).

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/433/

I spend a lot of time using Firefox running over a tunnelled TightVNC
connection, so I try and cut down on animations anyway. I've been
using Flashblock for a couple of years now, and automatically install
it on any new Firefox installation anyway.

Michael Fierro                                      biffster at gmail.com
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
---
"I know this music. Let's change the beat."
- Zorg, "The Fifth Element"