[clue-tech] flashplayer9 Beta

Ski Dawg skidawg at skidawg.org
Sat Oct 21 18:10:43 MDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 17:34 -0600, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> I've had no luck with it trying to view the two sites I'm interested in:
> ABC's Lost and SciFi.com's Battlestar Galactica.  Anyone tried these?
> The plugin essentially locks up the browser (Firefox 1.5.0.7 running on
> FC5).  The browser still responds, but extremely slowly (many seconds
> between scroll request and actually scrolling the page).  The Flash
> content never plays.

This has been mentioned on the Fedora list. It is not everyone, but
there are others that are seeing the same behavior (including myself).
One poster has said that he already posted this behavior to the bug
reporter at Adobe.

This poster said that it did work successfully for him in Konqueror and
when loading an swf file from his hard drive, just not embedded flash
files.

I was going to test this in FC6 and also with Firefox 2.0 RC3, but
haven't had a chance yet.
--
Doug