[clue-tech] flashplayer9 Beta

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 10:16:37 MDT 2006

An update. Either they've fixed the referenced page, or SOMETHING
REALLY WEIRD is going on. I sent mail to users on another list, and
got this response.

> > > The site that I saw the problem was CNET TV at http://www.cnettv.com/

> Works fine here for me.  So that likely rules out flash9 and points to
> something in your environment (X driver, firefox build, kernel, hardware,
> etc).

That's really interesting. Everyone locally is seeing the problem, and
apparently it has been reported on the FC lists as well.

Now, interestingly enough, I AM UNABLE TO REPEAT THE FAILURE!!

1. On browser session under KDE, works like a champ.
2. On browser session under Gnome, displays crap for a while, then works fine
3. On browser session under XFCE, works like a champ.

Oh sweet mysteries of life!

--
Collins Richey