[clue-tech] Ubuntu and suspend on laptops

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Wed Oct 25 10:04:09 MDT 2006

Did anyone else have to do anything special to get Ubuntu to suspend and
wake up properly?

I have the suspend option on the window that comes up when you hit the power
button, but on my HP Pavilion 8000, it goes dark, still seems to actually be
on, and also never wakes up.

I installed the hibernate package, BTW. When searching ubuntu forums, I
found someone pointing to this article for getting suspend to work:

This is talking about Linux in a generic sense, and I'm wondering if I
really have to go to those ends to make this work on Ubuntu. If it actually
works to do all this and it's the only way, not a big deal.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
What we do not understand we do not possess.
-Goethe