[clue-tech] drivers for Lexmark scanners

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Fri Oct 27 14:45:24 MDT 2006

I have an all-in-one Lexmark (X4270) which is known not to work in Linux
well.  I've seen that some people have gotten black and white printing
to work, but I really only want to use it for scanning.  I was wondering
if there could be any short-cuts to hooking up just the scanner and
bypassing any of the printing functions.  What I mean is:  I've only had
experience with scanners when they were set up as printers, but is this
required?  Might I be able to get Linux to see it as just a scanner and
make things simpler?

Angelo