[clue-tech] mod_php, apache2 and gentoo amd64

Dave Price kinaole at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 11:33:56 MDT 2006

Greetings,

I am banging my head against getting php to work on a gentoo/amd64 box -

I am able to emerge php, but there is no confguration for running it
in apache 2 and no mod_php ...

I am able to emerge other applications that require php - like
phppgadmin, but they do not load - just displays the contents of the
index.php as plain text.

This appears to be php5, and I do have the php executable:

 ls -l `which php`
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 23 Sep  5 09:35 /usr/bin/php -> /usr/lib64/php5/bin/php

Any clues?
--
aloha,
dave