[clue-tech] mod_php, apache2 and gentoo amd64

Dave Price kinaole at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 16:35:48 MDT 2006

On 9/6/06, Ken MacFerrin <lists at macferrin.com> wrote:

> Also, you'll want to make sure you had the "apache" or "apache2" USE
> flag set when you compiled php.  IIRC, without that flag it doesn't
> compile in mod_php support, just the cli. You can view all the available
> USE flags that affect php by running "emerge -pv php".
> -Ken

Ken,

That was the trick -

I wound up doing:

USE="apache2 pcre postgres session" emerge php

Cleaned up the cruft in my /etc/apache2/modules/ from my efforts to
make it work by hand, and php (with phppgadmin) works fine.

If you use postgres in a cross-platform world, phppgadmin is a pretty
nice tool.  Gentoo has an ebuild, but you can get source here:
http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/

Thanks again for the hints.
--
aloha,