[clue-tech] CUPS problem

Leif Kennedy leifkennedy at donorware.com
Thu Sep 14 16:20:12 MDT 2006

Some of the Jetdirects at the customers location are not capable of
ipp also they want to print via ssl onto their print server via port
443.
On other issues is that the customer does not want to have to have
that many public Ip address to to dole out also there is the large
number of ports to open up on the Firewall.

ep 14, 2006, at 4:07 PM, Dave Price wrote:

> Is there any reason he is not printing directly from  linux/cups
> straight to the jet-direct interface?  That is totally supported.
>
> aloha,
> dave
>
> On 9/14/06, Steve Lowe <sdlowe at mac.com> wrote:
>> I am currently trying to setup printing from a Linux system printing
>> to a remote windows 2k3 print server serving Jet direct printers.

LeifKennedy at DonorWare.com
Systems Administrator
www.DonorWare.com
main: 877-751-3300 x: 430