[clue-tech] removing foot with gunfire.

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 19:20:50 MDT 2006

On 9/20/06, Jed S. Baer <thag at frii.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:06:25 -0400
> Jack Parker wrote:
>
> > I've seen a lot of
> > production Orrible DBAs put them under /u01, /u02 etc.
>
> Those would be the DBAs who take the OFA guidelines too literally, and
> have no creativity to think up decent mount point names on their own.

Actually I have no problem with that approach. Adding root level
directories for specific purposes is no big deal from my standpoint.
Once I get off my duff to do something (round tuit comes to mind),
I'll probably put mine in my /home/common partition where I can get at
them from any distro I boot as long as I have a compatible
mysql/postgres/etc release.

--
Collins Richey