[clue-tech] Troubleshooting sound card

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Tue Sep 26 09:23:53 MDT 2006

So I got a laptop, and put Ubuntu on it, with dual boot to XP. Most things
I've tried so far are working - I have nvidia set up now, XGL, hibernate,
and wireless all working without much trouble.

However...the sound is way too low. I can turn it up much higher in Windows.
Turns out I'm not the only one who has noticed this (I have a dv8000,
although it's not the exact same config as the guy has on here):

There are claims on here that there is no fix, but I'm wondering if that is
really the case, and I'm not coming up with much on this via the Google
searches I'm trying.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
Only those who attempt the absurd... will achieve the impossible. I think... I
think it's in my basement... let me go upstairs and check.
-Escher
(contributed by Chris Johnston)