[clue-tech] Torpark for Linux?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Tue Sep 26 15:15:15 MDT 2006

On 09-26 15:36, David L. Anselmi wrote:
> Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> >So I installed and tried out Torpark on Windows and it is pretty
> >interesting. I wanted to install something similar on Linux...has anyone
> >found anything that does the same sort of thing?
>
> Torpark is open source, why not port it?

I'm lazy and/or stupid? :)

> I don't see anything on the web site about the network behind torpark,
> so there doesn't seem to be any reason to trust it any more than your
> ISP.  But it would be interesting to know how the network is set up.

Torpark uses tor, which has some white papers you can read, linked from the
Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_%28anonymity_network%29

I was able to find a writeup on how to do tor + privoxy:

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=10825&%5C1page=1&%5C1pp=10

I don't like the sounds of this, though:
"To Torify an application that supports http (ie Firefox), just point it at
Privoxy (that is, localhost:8118 )."

Hm, maybe the porting idea isn't a bad one...

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
Fear not growing old, it is a priveledge granted to far too few... too few.