[clue-tech] Torpark for Linux?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Wed Sep 27 09:22:24 MDT 2006

On 09-26 17:10, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:15:15 -0600
> Sean LeBlanc wrote:
>
> > "To Torify an application that supports http (ie Firefox), just point it
> > at Privoxy (that is, localhost:8118 )."
>
> As a Privoxy user, I find that statement to be vastly over-simplified,
> unless a very recent version of Privoxy by default directs everything to a
> Tor router.

In a previous step, they have you do this:
Add the following line to /etc/privoxy/config. You can put it at the top of
the file if you want (Don't forget the last dot.)
Quote:
forward-socks4a / localhost:9050 .

I guess with these I can get pretty close to what Torpark makes so easy.
Some fiddling with Firefox and/or using extensions would have to be done on
top of that to manage cookies in a similar manner, etc.

I've written two very simple Firefox extensions, but I don't think I could
figure out how to do all the stuff that Torpark does. FoxyProxy looks like
it might help with it as well.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
A penny saved is 2.5 grams of zinc alloy.