[clue-tech] Spontaneously rebooting laptop

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Thu Sep 28 12:06:50 MDT 2006

On 09-27 14:40, daniel aguilar wrote:
> Would that be Prime95 for linux or windows.

Thanks, I think that's similar to what I used, and being crossplatform is
nice. I tried it on both Ubuntu & Windows, and no failure. I didn't run on
either OS for very long however. I may have to let it run overnight and also
let memtest86 finish its testing in an overnight run.

I will have to dig deeper in this. I did find some others complaining about
similar things (maybe a Ubuntu-specific thing that other Linux distros and
Windows do not have), but some of these people are saying it happens all the
time to them (even just playing a movie on YouTube for instance), and mine
has only happened about and hour or two into transcode via dvd::rip.

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/acpi-support/+bug/22336

I installed acidrip, and it finishes much,much quicker anyway (with default
settings), so I'm going to use that instead. I still have over 5 months to
determine if I *really* want to go to the trouble of a return. The return
itself won't be so bad, but re-installing everything would be a drag.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
Good generally conquers evil. Unless, of course, good is stupid.