[clue-tech] XFree86 device driver documentation?

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Mon Apr 2 17:19:34 MDT 2007

Hi Warren,

> On Monday 02 April 2007 15:07, Jim Ockers wrote:
> > We have to write an XFree86 input device driver for a touchscreen that
> > needs a nice normal XFree86 driver.
>
> Check out [1]. It has lots of good information on Xorg input drivers and links
> to more info.
>
> [1]http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/XInputHotplug

Wow thanks that is exactly the sort of thing we are looking for.  Super!

I now see that I failed to mention in my original e-mail that we have to get
it to work under XFree86 4.2.0, and the X.org documentation might not apply
to the relatively old 4.2.0 version.

The XOrgInputSpec page from the website above says "This page is intended
as a place to evolve the design specifications for the next version of the
XINPUT for the X.org server."  I'm glad that "they" are finally documenting
things in a proper way.

Do you know of any such documentation that would apply directly to XFree86
4.2.0 and so forth?

Thanks again,
Jim

--