[clue-tech] a network mystery - traceroute

Bruce Ediger eballen1 at qwest.net
Mon Apr 2 21:58:35 MDT 2007

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, David L. Anselmi wrote:

> Thanks to Collins for the chance to post an April Fool.  Pity that corporate
> anti-linux conspiracy and slander of Free Software hackers doesn't raise any
> eyebrows.  But seriously, "Windows tags traceroute packets"?!

You have to lie to Qwest to get the first level DSL tech support
people to talk to you.

"Oh, yes, I'm running XP "Home Edition", and I have a single, crossover
ethernet cable hooked between my Pee Cee and the DSL modem."

My Qwest DSL tech tip: call after 5pm Pacific time for DSL troubles.
You'll likely get a real tech, and not a flowchart-reading call center
moron.

--
Bruce Ediger
720-932-1954