[clue-tech] Dual monitors with 2 video cards?

Bruce Ediger eballen1 at qwest.net
Fri Apr 6 12:58:47 MDT 2007

I just saw this nifty slashdot article asking for documentary proof
that using more than 1 monitor "helps" in some fashion:

http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/04/05/2321255&from=rss

I thought to myself, "Hey, I have a motherboard with a built-in S3 "Virge"
or somesuch, and I have a Matrox AGP video card in it. Can I use both
video "cards" to drive 2 monitors?"

Well, is that possible?  Can I use the built-in video and an AGP or PCI
card at the same time?  Googling around only lead me to a few "how-tos"
that seem to require special graphics cards, like this:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Dual_Monitors
http://www.zulustips.com/2007/04/01/dual-monitors-howto.html
http://aufrecht.org/blog/one-entry?entry_id=23251
http://flavor8.com/index.php/2006/07/27/howto-dual-monitors-on-linux/