[clue-tech] Dual monitors with 2 video cards?

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Fri Apr 6 13:16:40 MDT 2007

Bruce Ediger wrote:
> I just saw this nifty slashdot article asking for documentary proof
> that using more than 1 monitor "helps" in some fashion:
>
> http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/04/05/2321255&from=rss
>
> I thought to myself, "Hey, I have a motherboard with a built-in S3
> "Virge"
> or somesuch, and I have a Matrox AGP video card in it. Can I use both
> video "cards" to drive 2 monitors?"

Yes, yes you can.   You can even get three working, although in my
experience that is pushing it (although my third card was a 1M card, and
could only push something like 640x480.)

 Currently, I have two monitors, but they are on separate machines
(video cards for suns are expensive). I use synergy to share my keyboard
and mouse to the 'slave' over the network.    Synergy works with an
arbitrary number of computers, although at some point you need to say
to  yourself, "Where am I going to fit all the PCs for a 10 head setup?"

Adam