[clue-tech] neat bash trick and miscellany

Mon Apr 16 15:39:02 MDT 2007

I just learned that I can type <CTRL>+<B> and then some search-phrase to reverse search
my bash history.  It's fast and live, like a FireFox page-search.  Gosh, is that turning
out to be handy.

The VMware Player in the Ubuntu repositories seems to work perfectly.  I failed to get a
working VMware anything else on my Feisty 64, though I'll keep trying.  The closest I
got was VMware Workstation 6 Beta, but it couldn't power on any VMs.

Feisty 64 is rocking my world.  I had wireless and sound right off the CD.  In fact, my
hot-buttons work, too, and so does the remote control.  I can't actually think of any
hardware that isn't working, and I haven't had to fight anything at all.

David L. Willson
Trainer/Engineer/Consultant
MCT, MCSE, Linux+
(720) 333-LANS