[clue-tech] neat bash trick and miscellany

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 18:59:02 MDT 2007

__________________________________

> > Is this the beta or did they release the final version?
> >
> > Either way, I should try it.  I'm assuming that it has at least a 2.6.20
> > kernel.  I need that for a new motherboard I bought.  Older kernels don't
> > upport AMD's ATI SB600 Southbridge chip.
> >

> It's beta, and my current kernel is 2.6.20

Unless they back off, it's within a few days of release. CoLoCo (the
local Ubuntu group) is holding a release party Friday nght at the
Falling Rock Tap House.

Just an FYI re the -20 kernel. The new libata is now in effect, and
ALL SATA and IDE drives (even if you have no SATA) are now addressed
as /dev/sdxn (hdxn is now past history).

I've been running the 32-bit version for many months, and it's quite reliable.

--
Collins Richey