[clue-tech] Thunderbird & IMAP

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Wed Apr 25 01:25:58 MDT 2007

Angelo Bertolli wrote:
> Nate Duehr wrote:
>> On 4/24/07, Ken MacFerrin <lists at macferrin.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I believe that's actually UW IMAP under the hood..  You'd probably have
>>
>> Uggggh... UW-IMAP.  Trash that crap and get a real IMAP server...
>>
>> 'Nuff said.  Been down that path.  Never again.
>>
>> I found Courier-IMAP and Courier-POP3 fit my needs nicely and
>> converted from mbox to maildir back then, and never looked back.
>
> uw-imap is awesome.

Thanks everybody for the suggestions - I'm rebuilding this box very
soon, and I was going to base it on CentOS 5 - but I need ColdFusion MX
7 to run on it, and at the current time, CentOS 4 is the latest version
to support CFMX7.  Unless that changes in the next few weeks, I'll be
off and running with CentOS 4.  At that point, I'll play around with
different IMAP servers and hopefully find one to fit the bill and play
nice with my BB and Thunderbird at the same time.
--

                                 -Mike Staver
                                  staver at fimble.com