[clue-tech] Debian: change to apt defaults.

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Aug 2 10:01:02 MDT 2007

David L. Anselmi wrote:
> If you use apt, or something that runs apt underneath, it will start
> installing recommends packages by default starting 1 Oct (1 Oct in
> unstable, soon after in testing, the Lenny release for stable).
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2007/08/msg00000.html

Thanks for the warning.

I have been using aptitude for seemingly "forever" now, but it's good to
know the behavior is changing, since I'm sure it'll confuse *someone*
out there, and a few of those someone's might call me wondering Whiskey
Tango Foxtrot is going on.  :-)

I remember thinking the same thing when I finally broke my dselect habit
and forced myself to learn aptitude years ago, they don't act exactly
the same when it comes to suggests/recommends and it was confusing at first.

Nate