[clue-tech] Multi-boot chainloading to another boot partition

qqq1one at yahoo.com qqq1one at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 23 23:25:28 MDT 2007

> After chaining to the slave grub can you use the shell to poke around
> and see what grub thinks is where?

Actually, as best as I can tell, the boot never gets as far as the slave grub.  The primary grub
is the one that seems to be complaining that it can't find an executable format when I try to
chainload it to the slave disk.  I think it's the primary grub complaining because, after I get
the error, grub gives me the opportunity to press any key to continue, which then returns me to
the grub interface on the primary disk with the choices that are particular to that installation.

Anyway, your message prompted me to take another look at it, and I decided that for now anyway, I
will just do a normal multi-boot to the slave disk, specifying the kernel and initrd files.  The
drawback to this is that I have to manually update the grub.conf on the primary disk every time
the kernel gets updated on the slave disk.  If I had been able to get the chainloading to work, I
wouldn't have to do the manual updating.