No subject

Thu Dec 20 21:04:13 MST 2007

"On many newer systems, you are likely to have two IDE controllers. The
computer needs a way of easily determining which controller each drive is
attached to. This is done by changing the major number of the disk in
question. Instead of 64, however, 22 is added to the major number. The
minor numbering scheme remains the same."

Does this pertain to me? How would I find out?

I'm using the ext2fs on the first logical partition on the zip disks
(screw you Iomega for putting it on the first extended, but how else are
they gonna hide stuff...)

> The aic78xx loads and you can see it when you do an lsmod?  If so, is
> there an erroneous line in /etc/modules.conf (or conf.modules
> (depreciated)) that you need to remove?  Can you see your swap
> partition with 'cfdisk /dev/sda'?

I compiled support for that card into the kernel and I just now took it
out of modules.conf (which it wasn't loading anyway). And my swap is
humming perfectly (as well as my raid0).

Thanks
JStanley
--
Use GnuPG! -- http://www.gnupg.org