No subject

Thu Dec 20 21:04:13 MST 2007

window manager, abiword, mozilla, etc.

I have apt-get configured for "stable", so I shouldn't be getting anything from
testing or unstable!

I'm trying to figure out how to back out of this problem.  When I use dselect, libc6
2.2.5-11.2 is listed in my Req base section!  libc6 2.2.5-6 is not available for me
through dselect.

This is my first experience with debain, and I would like it to be a good one.  I'm
not that familiar with the debain package management system, so I don't know how to
resolve problems like this.

Can I just force an uninstall of the libc6-2.2.5-11.2 package then install the
libc6-2.2.5-6 version?  I have not compiled anything (obviously, since I don't have
the basic headers!), so it seems this would be possible.  I suppose dselect won't
just let me uninstall something as fundemental as libc6....in fact, would anything
work afterwards if I were to do that?  Can I manually download the libc6-2.2.5-6
package and force install if *over* the newer version?

Also, should I be doing a bug report on this?  At this point, I don't feel like I have
enough information to provide usefull feedback, except to say that the version of libc6
I have is listed as a required base package.

--
Allons Rouler!

Randy
http://www.arabie.org/
Stats:    11:30am up 76 days, 13:33, 3 users, load average: 1.01, 1.03, 1.00