No subject

Thu Dec 20 21:04:13 MST 2007

on the Mandrake Update button, the software took me through a wizard where I
was able to select my mirror.

If you run 'MandrakeUpdate' directly, I don't know if you are able to change
or select a mirror during first time setup.  Now that I have it set up, when
I run MandrakeUpdate, it takes me to the list of security patches available
where I can select those I wish to install.

For me it was simple to set this up and I was able to apply ~30 patches in
about 10 minutes.

So, maybe try configuring using the Software Manager from the 'drakconf'
application?  Also, if your update sources are out of date, you can manage
them using the 'Define Sources' button from the Software Manager.

HTH,
Jeff