No subject

Thu Dec 20 21:04:13 MST 2007

network.  The connection seems to work okay, but if I ping my local server, I
will lose packets.   If I ping various internet domains, I will receive
'unknown host' errors.  I can then try the corresponding IP address and it
will mostly work, but I'll drop 20-30% of the packets.  BTW - My LAN is run
off of a firewall / router running NAT, connected to my AT&T broadband
account.

I look at the /etc/resolv.conf for both the server and the laptop and the
files are identical, so I would expect that domain name lookups should work
on the laptop, since they work on the server

I'm not sure what other diagnostics I should try.  I also wonder if it's that
simply my cable has gone belly-up (I'll try another tomorrow).  Until then, I
appreciate any suggestions for diagnosis.

Thanks
Jeff

--
    planet earth (tm)