No subject

Thu Dec 20 21:04:13 MST 2007

names at all, except in Knoppix.

> >He did boot with a Knoppix CD, and was able to see the long filenames, but
> >was unable to copy them to his HD. He doesn't have Linux installed, and I
> >don't know if Knoppix will write data (safely) to FAT(32) partitions.
>
> Linux does fat32 no problem, AFAIK.  Should be no trouble.

I wonder if Knoppix maybe mounts any Windows partitions as read-only, then?
Or at all? I can't reboot my machine with dual-boot windoze right now, or
I'd check...

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
The chief condition on which, life, health and vigor depend on, is action. It
is by action that an organism develops its faculties, increases its energy,
and attains the fulfillment of its destiny.
-Pierre Joseph Proudhon