No subject

Thu Dec 20 21:04:13 MST 2007

machine A to do ssh and scp to it.

On machine B I do `ping dhcppc1` and get "unknown host."
That's saying DNS doesn't know about it.  I don't know
that there should be a connection between DHCP and DNS
anyway.

In the real setup (which is the school lab), each machine
would use DHCP but it would provide a name relating to
the physical position of the student station in the
lab, such as phs-501 for a machine name.  But I don't
think that makes any difference for my question.

So how do I find out the IP address acquired with DHCP
of machine A from machine B?

---
Roger Frank