[clue-tech] mailman reply-to munging.

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Mon Dec 24 18:50:11 MST 2007

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 18:12:32 -0700
David L. Anselmi wrote:

> Look at that.  Keith's post has both his address and the list in the
> reply-to line.  I thought that mailman (when set the way CLUE is)
> replaced reply-to with the list address.

Not sure about that, exactly. But that never stopped me from speculating
before.

Our lists are configured to generate a reply-to, overriding the From:
header. But if there's an existing reply-to, I guess it appends to that.
IIRC, std. procedure for a MUA is to not use reply-to, unless specifically
configured that way. I suspect most people don't.

IIRC, the default list config for Mailman is to not force a reply-to
header for the list, but I haven't configured a Mailman list for a while.

Belated Happy Festivus to all.
jed