[clue-tech] sftp or ftps?

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Sat Feb 10 21:32:53 MST 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 08:12:46PM -0700, David L. Willson wrote:
> Wouldn't the rsync changed-blocks-only method of replication seriously
> decrease the size of the nightly transfer?

I definitely want to convince them to implement rsync in addition to the ftp requirement later, but in this case I don't think we're going to be tranferring the same data product more than once.  We may sometimes, I think... if the product gets "corrected" and needs to be resubmitted.  But I'm not sure if it'll end up with the same file name or not.

--
The chief danger in life is that you may take too may precautions.
		-- Alfred Adler