[clue-tech] comcast internet users

Hex Star hexstar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 01:33:02 MST 2007

On 2/18/07, Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/18/07, Ken MacFerrin <lists at macferrin.com> wrote:
>

> > A few options that allow public queries:
> >
> > OpenDNS project - http://www.opendns.com
> > 208.67.222.222
> > 208.67.220.220
> >
> > Level(3)/AT&T dns servers:
> > 4.2.2.1, 4.2.2.2, 4.2.2.3, 4.2.2.4, 4.2.2.5, 4.2.2.6
> >

> OK thanks. I've added
>
>   supersede domain-name-servers 4.2.2.5,4.2.2.6;
>
> to my /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf
>
> Will monitor and see if the "hang" condition recurs.
>
> --
> Collins Richey
>      If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries
>      of tomorrow, you have no today to be thankful for.

I'm a very happy Comcast customer who currently (knock on wood) am not
experiencing this...one thing I'm very happy Comcast does is their forums at
http://forums.comcast.net...I'd remove the new name servers you added, do a
trace route to your IP which should show the trouble spot and then post the
results and what you're experiencing in the Connections forum on the Comcast
forums...there's plenty of experienced users there as well as some actually
knowledgeable Comcast tech staff there that can escalate tech issues as
needed...a much better alternative to the script phone tech support
IMO...give it a try :-)