[clue-tech] LAST NOTICE! Installfest 24 Feb.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Feb 20 20:18:46 MST 2007

So you're probably waiting for me to say something interesting about the
installfest this weekend.  Have faith, it will be worth it even if I
don't manage an interesting post.

But distracted or not, installfest will happen.  Come on out and get a
few hours of uninterrupted installing/upgrading/hacking done.  (Yes, we
even allow hacking at an INSTALLfest).

The last of SUSE 10.2 is coming in now so I'll have the usual distros.
There's a new smoothwall and KNOPPIX too.  I thought it was interesting
that KNOPPIX has dropped UNIONFS, so I'll have to look into the
alternative sometime.

No one has said they wanted any AMD64 distros so all I'm bringing is
x86.  If you want something else, speak up quick while there's still
time to get it.  I almost wish I put x86 on my 64 bit laptop, since
acrobat reader and vmware don't Just Work on 64 bit.  See what silly
things proprietary software will make you think?

I'll have a DVD writer, but only CD-Rs.  If you bring a DVD blank you'll
get to watch me see if I can get the writer to work.

I'll be at DeVry at 8am.  After I get some coffee I can tell you a story
about magic, or which aircraft carriers were in Norfolk last weekend.
So it will be a good time even if you don't bring a box. ;-)  And you
can tell me about the implications of the SHA-1 crack or how WOW Vista
is (did you hear about the voice commanding hole?  WOW)