[clue-tech] bluetooth on desktop machine

Ken MacFerrin lists at macferrin.com
Mon Feb 26 13:31:53 MST 2007

dperkins at frii.com wrote:
>>> Does anyone know of a good bluetooth card for a desktop machine?
>> I've been successfully using the D-Link DBT-120 (Rev B4) usb adapter
>> with BlueZ and the KDE Bluetooth framework.
>>
>> lsusb identifies it as:
>> Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
>>
>> dmesg shows:
>> usb 1-2.1.2: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 13
>> usb 1-2.1.2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
>> Bluetooth: HCI USB driver ver 2.9
>> usbcore: registered new interface driver hci_usb
>>
>> Some good resources here as well:
>> http://www.wiili.org/index.php/Compatible_Bluetooth_Devices
>>
>> -Ken
>
> Thanks.  I took a brief look at the list.  There doesn't seem to be a
> wireless Ethernet/Bluetooth PCI card available.

I've never looked into getting a PCI adapter.  I just have the usb
adapter sitting in one of my usb hubs for my desktop.  Having usb also
makes it handy to use with my laptop and enable things like connecting
it with a bluetooth enabled cell phone as a wireless modem.

I've never seen a wifi and bluetooth adapter together on one pci card
and I'm not sure it would make much sense given that the two items
really wouldn't share much in the way of chipsets.
-Ken