[clue-tech] Interesting file server appliance

Peter Kuykendall PeterKuykendall at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 11 07:39:41 MST 2007

Now this looks pretty cool.  It's an external hard drive that goes
beyond the usual USB interface.  This one has an Ethernet interface as
well.

If you think about it, it's really a file server appliance.  No doubt
it's running GNU / Linux with NFS, Samba, etc. so that it can talk to
Windows and Linux boxes on the network.  And the administration
interface is a web page, so it's doubtless running Apache in there as well.

I wonder what the embedded computer looks like (chipset, RAM, etc)?
Does anybody have any hard info about the guts of this thing?  I'd love
to know.

$100 for 250 gigs.
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=203354227&adid=17654&dcaid=17654

--

Peter Kuykendall

DONATE YOUR USED LAPTOP TO OVERSEAS SOLDIERS
This helps them more easily communicate with home.
We can resurrect even very old laptops!
www.helpgis.com
info at helpgis.com
(720) 506-4353