[clue-tech] Upgrade path on Debian

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Jan 30 00:01:54 MST 2007

On 1/29/07, Angelo Bertolli <angelo at freeshell.org> wrote:
> Well it's almost that time when Debian is about to release a stable
> build.  So my question is, if my respositories references "stable"
> instead of "sarge" am I going to upgrade smoothly when the time comes?

Usually I set the /etc/apt/sources.list to the proper codename for the
release I'm on today, and wait a little bit after release.  Any
upgrade glitches are then cleared up by those who feel they have to
upgrade on day one, and packages are updated.  Also you typically want
to use "apt-get dist-upgrade" after switching to the next codename, in
case there are packages that need that particular sort of upgrade.

Nate