[clue-tech] Installfest looms, story at 11.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Jul 2 20:10:56 MDT 2007

Tony McDowell wrote:
> Since this will be my first installfest since moving to the area, how
> do we handle distributing distros?  When I was a member of BullyLUG
> at Mississippi State University, we'd pick 5-10 distros and burn
> several discs of each to hand out/install.
>
> How are things handled here?

I'll have several distros: SUSE, FC, Debian (?), *buntu, but I usually
don't burn CDs.  I will have blanks for anyone that wants to burn something.

Someone usually shows up with Ubuntu CDs to pass out.

I put the ISOs on a server that can share them out and it can act as a
network repository.  It can also be a boot server but DeVry's DHCP
doesn't know about it.

If you'd like to do something different just let us know.