[clue-tech] Modern/Current SPARC Linux Distros

Richard Knechtel richard.knechtel at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 11:25:58 MDT 2007

I got a Sparc Ultra-10 on ebay, I didn't find a Linux distro I really liked
that worked as well as solaris does on sparc hardware. You can get Solaris
for free, just go download it. I am running solaris 9 but am working on
getting ready to install solaris 10 soon. I would go with the solaris 10
install. Watch the memory though. Check if it starts throwing errors. When
I got my Ultra-10 it was a great deal, however the memory was throwing
errors (memory starting to go bad). Be forwarned SPARC memory is exspenive!!!!