[clue-tech] Modern/Current SPARC Linux Distros

Richard Knechtel richard.knechtel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 11:50:38 MDT 2007

They make great terminal machines. I mainly use my Ultra-10 (440mhz w/ Elite
3-D graphics card) as a terminal box. When I worked at Cabela's the two Unix
Sys-Admins used Ultra-5's ("Pizza Box") as termina machines as well. Their
cheap and good for only specific tasks these days. When the parts die just
toss them out. But you can use just about any IDE Hard Drive of CD/DVD drive
with them. One of the Sys-Admins I know at Cabela's has a DVD burner in his
Ultra-5 and compiled the CDRTools and DVDRTools from scratch on Solaris 9
and was able to burn DVD's with his.